It is impossible for anyone to personally take care of all aspects of their home or office. There are times when you need to rely on others and delegate some responsibilities. But when it comes to security, can you really rely on any random person? Most people will nod their heads to say a definite “No”. But for most business owners who have with such tough work schedules, it is difficult to relax at home not knowing if your office, warehouse or factory is protected from burglars or vandals. So to assist in the protection of your premises having a good security alarm is definitely reassuring. But the big question is, “How do you choose the right security alarm so you can be confident that nothing will go wrong?
Frankly, the topic of security alarms is very complicated so here are five ideas to deal with this complex matter. As with most problems, if you break it down into smaller parts, it becomes easier to understand; and so it is with alarm systems. A good security alarm, especially when it is managed by a reliable monitoring service, provides more safety solutions than you might initially imagine. Apart from protecting your property from theft, burglary and related crimes, a modern security system provides alarms and alerts of various types.
Fire, panic and smoke alarm is a common feature of the monitoring service. But if you have an elderly person in your house, you can also take advantage of medical alerts, panic buttons in case of injury and emergency call-out alerts.
- The types and technologies of security are extraordinarily varied. It is easy to get overwhelmed or to get caught up in the vast array of options so that you end up with devices that you do not really need. So to avoid this over-spending, you need to set out exactly what type of security protection you want and the budget you are willing to spend before you begin to look at what is available. Some of the various alarm options and levels of protection are fire alarm, medical assistance, surveillance camera monitoring, door and window break alarm, garage and shed protection and motion detection.
- Security alarms and the monitoring company should be reliable and trustworthy. You just cannot simply hope that they will do as they say; you need to carry out your own due diligence before you hire them. Ask your friends, neighbours and co-workers about the alarm company monitoring service they have chosen. Ask them about their experience, how quickly they respond to alarms both real and false. What do they do in case of a false or faulty alarm?
- Burglars do not work a regular 9 to 5 so you need to know that the company you choose will be available round the clock. Most thefts take place at night but the truth is burglars often break in during the day too when people are out working. So check with the alarm monitoring company that they provide protection all day along, throughout the year especially when you’re on a holiday.
- The security industry has rules and regulations that companies are required to meet. So check to see whether they meet all the regulations of the NZ Security Association. Their staff should be trained to certain levels of competence and they should also have sufficient insurance too.
- And last but not the least you can search online for potential security alarm companies in Auckland. You will find a large number of firms but look for ones which can provide a total service package. This includes expert advice on security devices, installation, alarm monitoring and if possible, emergency call-out security guards to respond to any alarms.
These are few tips to start help you locating the best security alarm services in the Auckland region. You can narrow down your searches and ultimately make a short-list of possible providers.
However, it is always a good idea to have a benchmark to compare the various companies. So you might start by looking at Global Security. They are one of the few security alarm services in Auckland that provides the end-to-end full package. Take a look at their website here www.globalsecurity.co.nz/.